By Theodore G. Van Raalte
1. creation, by means of Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
2. Eschatology: The Letter and the Spirit in moment Corinthians 3:6–18, through Dr. Lane Tipton
3. discovering Eschatology within the outdated testomony: The Psalms as working example, Dr. Jannes Smith
4. operating Politically and Socially in Anticipation of Christ’s Coming, through Dr. Cornelis Van Dam
5. In among and Intermediate: dwelling in Heaven’s Glory, via Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
6. Is Hell out of date? where of everlasting Punishment in Preaching this present day, through Dr. Jason Van Vliet
7. do we particularly survive a brand new Earth?, through Dr. Gerhard Visscher
8. until eventually He Comes: Eschatological points of Reformed Worship, via Dr. Arjan de Visser.
"This quantity is an exegetically trustworthy, theologically sound, and essentially suitable sequence of essays, written from a redemptive-historical Reformed point of view, on what Scripture teaches approximately 'the final things.' students, ministers, and all considerate Christians who wish to reside on the earth yet no longer of the area will locate it edifying, illuminating, and accessible."
--John W. Cooper, Professor of Philosophical Theology, Calvin Theological Seminary
Theodore G. Van Raalte is Professor of Ecclesiology on the Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary in Hamilton, Ontario. he's the coauthor (with Jason Zuidema) of Early French Reform (2011) and the writer of assorted essays and articles.
Read or Download As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things PDF
Best christian theology books
How may perhaps a conservative Christian—an ordained minister with a beard, no less—be opposed to not just Christianity, yet theology, sacraments, and ethics in addition? but that's the stance Peter Leithart takes during this provocative "theological bricolage. "Seeking to reconsider evangelical notions of tradition, church, and nation, Leithart bargains a chain of brief essays, aphorisms, and parables that problem the present dichotomies that govern either Christian and non-Christian pondering church and kingdom, the secular and the non secular.
In Salvation and Sovereignty, Kenneth Keathley asks, “What shall a Christian do who's confident of convinced imperative tenets of Calvinism yet no longer its corollaries? ” He then writes, “I see salvation as a sovereign paintings of grace yet suspect that the standard Calvinist realizing of sovereignty (that God is the reason for all issues) isn't really sustained by means of the biblical witness as a complete.
Within the wake of the industrial obstacle, few questions are extra urgent than these round the ethics of finance and economics. Theology and fiscal Ethics seeks to extend the self-critical assets of latest theological fiscal ethics through bringing the strategy of a pre-modern philosopher, Martin Luther (1483-1546), into interplay with that of a latest contribution to social ethics, the Swiss theologian Arthur wealthy (1910-92).
Is following Jesus normal? Many might say no, yet this ebook argues certain. asserting no means that grace and human nature are trade ethical different types. announcing convinced signifies that our humanity is gracious in foundation, potential, and reason. a lot of this dialogue hangs on what's intended by way of "nature" and "natural," and this booklet explores those principles creationly and christologically.
- How Do We Know the Bible is True? Vol 2
- The Dying of Jesus: Words and Thoughts from the Cross
- The Problem of Wealth: A Christian Response to a Culture of Affluence
- The Doctrine of God: Exploring Christian Theology (Establishing biblical truth series)
- Narrative Theology and Moral Theology: The Infinite Horizon (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
Extra resources for As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things
As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things by Theodore G. Van Raalte