By Faye Hammill,Mark Hussey
- Periodical publishing – from 'little magazines' resembling Rhythm to modern guides reminiscent of Vanity Fair
- The fabric elements of early twentieth-century publishing – small presses, typography, representation and ebook design
- The movement of modernist print artefacts in the course of the booklet exchange, libraries, e-book golf equipment and cafes
- Educational and political print initiatives
Including money owed of archival fabric to be had on-line, specific lists of key extra interpreting and a survey of latest traits within the box, this can be a necessary consultant to a massive sector within the examine of modernist literature.
Read or Download Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms) PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
This booklet exhibits how British authors used panorama description to form the that means of the 1st international conflict. utilizing a wide variety of seriously ignored archival materials, it reexamines modernist and conventional writing to bare how quite a few modes of topographical illustration allowed authors to build therapeutic responses to the battle.
Stories the impression of the plastic arts at the significant writers of Latin American modernism. portray Modernism demonstrates the effect of portray and sculpture at the paintings of the most important writers of Latin American modernism. via his research, Ivan A. Schulman, a foundational determine within the box, deals a concise and new interpretation of works via José Asunción Silva, Julián del Casal, Rubén Darío, José Juan Tablada, and José Martí.
In the summertime of 1936, Ezra Pound agreed to tackle the position of ecu Correspondent for a newly introduced shuttle magazine entitled Globe: The overseas journal. Ezra Pound and 'Globe' journal: the total Correspondence collects for the 1st time Pound's writings for the magazine and his large correspondence with one in every of its editors, James Taylor Dunn, and the prime writers who Pound himself tried to recruit for the journal.
John McGahern's paintings isn't simply conceived of as belatedly modernist. His memorialising, faintly archaic variety implies a priority with 'making it outdated' instead of new, suggesting the symptomatic diffidence of many that wrote within the wake of modernism. however, McGahern's statements concerning the 'presence' of phrases and the hard-won impersonality of the paintings element to a covert engagement with modernist aesthetics.
- Out of Character: Modernism, Vitalism, Psychic Life
- Literature, Modernism and Myth: Belief and Responsibility in the Twentieth Century
- Blasphemous Modernism: The 20th-Century Word Made Flesh (Modernist Literature and Culture)
- The Cambridge Introduction to Modernist Poetry (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)
Extra resources for Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms)
Modernism's Print Cultures (New Modernisms) by Faye Hammill,Mark Hussey